Monday, June 2, 2008

Writing that Works, and a Long-Awaited Entry

So lately I've been working on writing. Not much. I'm aiming for 1000 words a day on CDE right now, which isn't much but it's enough to get the ball rolling without being too much to expect considering all the time that's passed since I seriously wrote.

Not to mention 1000 words can go really fast, so if I focus I can pound it out in 20-30 minutes without any problem. It doesn't entirely suck, either, which is a plus.

I think the goal for NaNo this year is going to be 100k words. I know it's early (November's some ways off, still) but I want to aim bigger. I probably won't hit 100k, but I'd like to at least try.

I also started working on the Hiroki Sugai blog, which is the serial detective stories that I'll be putting up. I'll likely work on them during the morning here at work. The first one, should be you interested, is right here behind this generic link. You'll get a first-hand look at just how rough fiction is when it comes straight from my head onto the page, as I struggle to figure out where I'm going daily. Expect some huge plot holes down the road. =D

3 comments:

MongMong said...

its nice to have haruki back. After the introduction I have checked the page almost daily waiting for the next entry. And nice tie-in with ms.

litrock said...

Nick?

MongMong said...

yes