Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why blogging's been sparse.

So, I've been getting back into writing lately. I know that I keep saying that, but it's kind of a daily struggle for me. Writing is one of those things that even when I don't want to do it (and sometimes I greatly don't want to do it) I'm almost always compelled to do it.

But for reasons that I'm not going to get into here, I've been having problems with settling down and getting through my personal junk enough to get writing. Thankfully, I have some wonderful friends who indulge my problems in order to help me out. I don't need to link them, they know who they are (and get enough links).

But yeah, I'm still working on my NaNo novel, ITMeat, which is chugging along by about 1000k every day I bother to write. I need to get it done by April when Screnzy starts, but outside of that I'm not really rushing it. I'd rather just build up some good writing habits than rush to hit a deadline.

I'm also editing one of my earlier novels, my NaNo 2007, WTC. That's going slower, mostly because I'm trying to do a good job and mostly because that has way less of a deadline. But ... we'll see. It is going. Just ... slow.

Anyway, that's it for now. Just wanted to let people know that the reason I'm not blogging is because what writing motivation I do have is being thrown at the big projects. Don't hate me too much!

Maybe more here later. About whatever.

No comments: