Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 (e) - Looking Forward

And here comes 2008. A leap year. I love leap years. An even number. I like even numbers. A holdout from my "I <3 Math" days, I think. 2008 is going to be a very interesting year.

2008. 2008 is going to be the year of accomplishment. IS. Not hoped to be. It will. There isn't an option. I've always toyed with not leaving myself options, and now I know that its truer on a deeper, fundamental level than I had even thought. It's how I define my accomplishment. I make it truth. Then it just happens because its true.

So what's the goals for 2008? The goals are pretty straightforward. This is the year I get my shit together. I'm going to edit MS, and work on getting it published. I'm going to keep writing, keep editing, keep getting better at this craft that I try to do. I'm going to pick up my pet projects. I'm going to explore interests and hobbies. I'm going to read a shit ton of books.

I was tired of the way my life was going, so I built up a new direction for it. And it seems to have worked. I'm full of hope. 2008 will prove whether or not I did a good job with it. If all goes well, by the end of the year I'll have one finished book, looking for an agent, one at least edited once, and three new ones in the can. I'll have a podcast, an audio drama, and a webcomic. I'll have a new computer and be nearly out of debt.

There's a lot I want to do, and there's no time like the present. So it's going to be a wild ride. It is a wild ride. Sometimes good and sometimes bad but never not worth doing. I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes me.

And this is short, but I've found that I don't really need to talk much about this next year. You'll find out. I'll find out. My goals are written out quite neatly for myself elsewhere, and I'm following them like a mantra. It's going to be a challenging year, but I don't have enough challenges in my life. It's time to push beyond my comfortable boundaries. It's time to live the dream. It's time to rock out.

Onward to 2008!

No comments: