Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just a little bit of stuff

So, this weekend's been pretty eventful-ish. On Friday I started reading new books, one about editing that I'm hoping will help me out a lot. I just mostly want it to get rid of my nervousness about editing for the first time. Terrifying prospect, all told. I know it shouldn't be, but it doesn't help anything.

Then it snowed all wonderfully pretty, just in time to celebrate Adam's birthday. There's nothing more enjoyable than bellowing The Beatles' Birthday in a semi-tipsy state with a great friend while you drive through four inches of freshly fallen movie-like snow. Talk about one of those warm fuzzy moments.

This weekend I've been doing work mostly on my music library. But I've been writing also. WTC is slowly reaching towards the end, I have maybe 10000 words left (if that). I'm glad. It's been so emotionally draining. I've never written anything that was so close to my own experience before. Its made me reevaluate a lot of things in my life.

This weekend's just been a sad weekend for motivation, though. I was moving last weekend, I've been writing hardcore the past ... god knows how long. And now that I have a stable internet connection, I'm content to play music video DJ on YouTube for hours on end. Scary stuff. But this post is being written to motivate me to work on WTC when I'm done. Let's hope it works.

Best event of this weekend? I DLed a better recording (the one I had was trash, and iTunes had a nice looking one in their store) of Carmina Burana. So that's what I'm listening to as I write this. I'm going to change it soon, just because Carmina Burana doesn't work for my novel, but it's altogether lovely.

So apparently blogger allows people to log in from multiple different user names now, according to their info page. So people with livejournal accounts or other things that don't necessarily have a blogger account can still log in with that LJ or other name and post and not have to worry about showing up anonymous (I have anonymous comments up anyway, for now, but I might not have them forever). Seems pretty spiffy to me.

Best event of the past week? Realizing I was ready to drive 400 miles just to make someone feel better, but just lacked the means.

For this coming week, goals for writing:
- finish WTC, writing at least 2000 words a day
- allowed Wednesday off, but that's it.
- if finish before the weekend, start plot-justification on MS

And there we go. More tomorrow, probably.

No comments: